Change Is Good

 

Change IS good.  There will inevitably come a time when it’s needed, and I don’t think we should run from that.  It’s a mistake to think that, once you find that “sweet spot” in your life, everything is going to stay the same forever – because it’s not.  People change.  Situations change.  We all change – we learn, we grow, and we move on.

One of the worst things I’ve ever tried to do is maintain a group’s practice when it was evident that the group had outlived its purpose.  Often, the reason I did that was because someone else thought we should keep going.  My intuition would be telling me, “let it go – it’s time,” but for whatever reason, I let other people persuade me otherwise.  Probably because I’m a people-pleaser, which sucks, and I’m trying to break that habit.

Anyway, I’ve recently been working on listening to my intuition more, and not relying on other people to tell me what’s going on – because, unfortunately, people are not always trustworthy.  I have difficulty trusting people, anyway – for reasons.  And about the time I start thinking I can put my trust in someone, SURPRISE!  Or as I’ve recently started saying -SHATNER!  Because, oh, the drama!  The secrecy!  The sideways glances!

Fine, whatever.  I get to be the bad guy again.  That’s certainly nothing new, although I do wish I could figure out what it is I’m doing that is so awful. 

So we change.  Again.  I’ll keep moving forward and doing what I do, because I do believe keeping an open dialogue is important, and we can’t learn without communication.  I’ll change a few things, so as to work better in the community, expand communications, attempt to shake off this feeling of being used, learn from it, and move on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SAFETY IN THE PAGAN COMMUNITY

Is It Time?

Community